Restaurant SPOA 合德宝阿斯里海鲜 @ Telok Kabong, Kg Pasir Puteh, Johor
There are few famous aboriginal seafood villages situated near to the sea in Johor Bahru, respectively in Perling, Permas and Pasir Gudang. The restaurant is sitting alongside the sea, enable the diners to enjoy the breeze and also the city view of our neighbour, Singapore. We have taken the opportunity to visit one of the seafood restaurant of the same nature in Pasir Gudang, which is secretly hidden inside Tanjung Puteri Golf Course.
It is like a live seafood market here where various seafood are displayed in the aquarium and only be "slaughtered" after you place order. The oysters they offer are as big as my palm, they look attractive but we have not ordered as our target today is CRAB!!
This is some of the crabs where their claws are tied to avoid "prison-breaking".
Large number of prawns swimming in the water!
|Fried Sweet Potato Leaves 清炒番薯叶 RM8|
|Lala Soup 拉拉汤 (600g) RM12|
|Deep Fried Squid with Butter 奶油苏东 (400g) RM15.20|
|Salted Egg Fried Crab 咸蛋大螃蟹 (700g) RM59.50|
We ordered a big crab, the portion is just right for 2 person. The salted egg fried crab here is in wet version, goes well with the white rice. the crab is quite meaty too, totally satisfy our craving for crab!
Not far from the restaurant, there are few kelong, perhaps the fresh seafood are from there? Anyway, other than the seafoods, we do enjoy the seaview there, we found the sea here is less polluted compared to the other few seafood village.
Address : Restaurant SPOA 合德宝阿斯里海鲜
Kg Pasir Puteh, Teluk Kabong, Johor
Location is near to Tanjung Puteri Resort & Golf Course
However, I do strongly recommend to follow the direction as below to avoid get lost or cannot find the place:
- From second link (travelling on North-South Highway), exit at Pasir Gudang (exit no. 256).
- After exiting, basically you are on Pasir Gudang highway.
- Drive all the way straight with no turns at all for about 40-50mins.
- You will know it's nearing soon, when you enter the industrial zone with a couple of refineries as well as the Johor Port.
- Drive on till you reach Tanjung Puteri Golf Course on the right of the road.
- Turn in and just follow the paved road all the way.
- Reach a stretch of coarsely and poorly paved road (beware road is rather bumpy).
- Proceed till you see a sign board amidst a palm oil plantation.
- It may seem a dead end but no, turn right into the palm oil plantation
- you'll be surprised to see 3 to 4 restaurants along river bank which is the Straits of Johor overseeing Northern Pulau Ubin!
Quoted from Dreamersloft
Business Hour : 11am - 11.30pm
Tel : 013-7099399 / 07-216 2798